Saturday, May 24, 2008

Strawberry Pancakes

I keep finding strawberries for a good price at the grocery store, and so I end up with several packages in the refrigerator. I've been eating them plain and with vanilla yogurt, but this morning I decided to try them in pancakes. Blueberries better beware, because strawberry pancakes are wonderful! I love to top mine with a little syrup, but I can only imagine what whipped cream would be like on these!
Pancakes:
1-1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder

1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons salad oil
fresh strawberries, chopped

Sift together dry ingredients. Combine egg, milk, and salad oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just till moistened. Stir in strawberries. Bake on hot griddle. Makes about 12 dollar-size, or eight 4-inch pancakes.
To make one serving, follow the instructions above, but use the following amounts:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoons salt
1 egg white
1/4 cup milk
1-1/2 teaspoon oil
fresh strawberries, chopped

I used whole wheat flour, and olive oil when I made them :) Yours humbly, Butterbur.

No comments: