Moist, delicious and no sugar! They make the kitchen smell wonderful!
(From Today’s Diet and Nutrition January/February 2008)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup walnut pieces
¼ cup raisins
1 cup shredded carrots
½ cup honey
½ cup canola oil
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1. Set the oven to 375 degrees and let it warm up.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, oats, sunflower seeds, walnut pieces, raisins, and shredded carrots.
3. In a different bowl, beat together the honey, oil, and vanilla.
4. Add the honey mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until they are well mixed and the flour isn’t dry anymore.
5. Dampen a paper towel with oil. Use it to wipe a cookie sheet until it is coated with oil.
6. Take a rounded teaspoonful of cookie dough at a time. Place it on the oiled cookie sheet. When you have used up all the dough, pat each ball down. Flatten it with your fingers, so the cookies hold together.
7. Place the cookies in the oven. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes, until they are light brown.
8. Using a potholder, remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Let the cookies rest for 1 minute. Using a spatula, carefully move the cookies to a wire rack, so they can cool.