Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie Post Number 3: Apple Cheddar Scones

This week's recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie was chosen by Karina of The Floured Apron. The recipe is Apple Cheddar Scones, which made me happy because there are many wonderful scone recipes in Baking: From My Home to Yours and I have been eager to try them.
This recipe was also perfect for another reason. A good friend of mine recently returned from a trip to England, and brought me a scone cutter from Greenwich, England. I was so excited about the scone cutter, and then when the next recipe ended up being scones....well...the happy dance was in order.
The dough came together very well, and the scones baked up nicely. I loved the flavors from the apples and cheese, and the cornmeal in the recipe gave the scones a nice crunch. I made these over the weekend, and had a wonderful lunch and breakfast.
I do think I will need to go back to cutting the recipes in half again though....I made the full batch and ate too many of them :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

They look lovely - how nice of your friend to bring you the perfect kitchen gadget for TWD!

Pamela said...

How great to get a new gadget from "across the pond". Those scones look lovely.

ostwestwind said...

My dough was too sticky to use my scone cutter, I used and ice cream scoop. For my this was a totally different recipe from British scones but good. Glad you liked it

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Engineer Baker said...

Such a cute little scone cutter! Glad you liked them - I halved the recipe just for that reason :-P

Susie Homemaker said...

Cool cutter - and they make your scones look perfect!

Erin | Naturally Ella said...

I took one look at the recipe and knew a whole batch would be way to dangerous for me! Your scones look fantastic and I love the scone cutter!

Anonymous said...

I can relate - I made a full batch and ate far too many. I'm cutting down next week's TWD because of the danger to my thighs!

Anonymous said...

I love that scone cutter ~ I would think you could use for lots of things in the kitchen. Your scones look great!

Anonymous said...

A friend who comes bearing gifts of gadgets...those are the kind of friends to have on any day! Very nice gift...love the little lines it makes on the scones. Nice photos and great looking scones!

Christine said...

I'm jealous of your new kitchen gadget! Your scones look lovely!

Anonymous said...

What fortuitous timing for your new gadget. Great looking scones!

Anonymous said...

A scone cutter! What a fun tool! I need to find one for myself. So cute.

Your scones look delicious. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Well, there's scone serendipity for you. Nice job!

Dolores said...

What a beautiful scone cutter. It almost *looks* like an antique. And it's quite thoughtful of Karina to have chosen a recipe where you could employ it. :) Your scones look delicious... great job!