Sunday, July 27, 2008

5 min Chocolate Cake

This may be the most diabolical thing known to man....chocolate cake that you can make in your microwave in 5 minutes!!! Ah, the madness!!! Ah, the insanity!!! Ah, the convenience!!! Once again, there is a reason for exercise....must work off all the mugs of chocolate cake....hmmmm....

Anywho, I found the recipe from Dizzy Dee. There are many fantastic pictures to guide you through the process. I didn't want to consume quite that much flour and sugar, so I halved the recipe as follows:

2 Tablespoons flour (I used whole wheat, gotta sneak healthy in there somewhere)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder (I wanted to lighten the cake up a bit)
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon oil (again with the healthy, I went with olive oil)

I mixed the dry, then added the wet and microwaved for 1 minute 30 seconds. You can get away with a smaller cup with this half recipe. Yum!!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

awww i love that picture of butterbur :)