I love chocolate, and I love truffles, so this seemed like a worthwhile recipe to try. I have rationalized eating them, because after all they are full of dried fruit and fruit is good for me..... Anyway, they are very delicious.
Adapted from a recipe from Chocolate Step-by-Step.
1/2 cup (80 g) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons finely chopped dried pineapple, mango & papaya
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons cream
3 oz white chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut
1. Spread macadamia nuts on flat oven tray and toast in preheated moderate (350 degree) oven for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
2. Combine dried fruits in a small bowl. Add lemon juice and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Heat cream in a small pan until boiling. Add chocolate chips, remove from heat, and stir until smooth. Move mixture to a small bowl.
4. Add fruit mixture to chocolate mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until firm enough to work with.
5. Roll heaping teaspoons of the mixture into balls, then roll into coconut. Place in an airtight container between sheets of wax paper.