Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie Number 15: Almost-Fudge Gateau

Poor Frodo, he has become bewitched by the power of the precious......yet again.....

This is not common knowledge, but Frodo has a serious chocolate addiction problem.

He can't seem to get enough of the stuff, and the Almost-Fudge Gateau sent him over the edge!
Technically, this week's recipe for Tuesday's with Dorie is Creme Brulee. The recipe calls for the use of a butane torch, and I do not own one. The option was given to make a previously done recipe, and so we rewind to the Almost-Fudge Gateau recipe featured on pages 218 and 219 of the baking mega-book, Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. The recipe was originally chosen February 19, 2008, a bit before my time :)

This cake is scary good, and those who cannot handle serious chocolate desserts should only consume this confection with extreme caution.

Frodo was not careful, and in his chocolate induced haze failed to notice something sinister. Who will carry his burden? Who will ensure that the ring is destroyed? Methinks Sauron is behind the chocolate!

17 comments:

ostwestwind said...

You made my day with your entry! Great looking cake!

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Shelby said...

LOL, great post! I did a rewind also!

Anonymous said...

that's one of the main reasons i always loved Frodo.

you made me laugh. :) and i can't wait to make that cake.

Prudy said...

Too funny! I'm just about to hop on the treadmill and watch LOTR while I run, so I get a double dose of Frodo today. I've got to try that scary good cake.

Mari said...

This post is hilarious!!!

Christine said...

Love the rewind and the great post! Frodo always makes my day!

Engineer Baker said...

Too funny. I loved this cake, so I'm glad you got to rewind it. It's amazing warm, with ice cream on top.

CB said...

Nooooo... frodo must live! Darn the fudge gateau attack. He never saw it coming. At least he died a happy hobbit, well until the garantuan spider killed him. HAHA. Glad you enjoyed the gateau. I wasn't a member when that was picked. Its definitely on my rewind list though!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Kimberly said...

Yum, that looks good! I can't say I would have been stronger than Frodo in the face of all that lovely gateau.

Anonymous said...

Poor Frodo! That's what happens when you try to steal your delicious gateau!

Anonymous said...

I agree - when I made this, people went nuts over it!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Cute post! What a great rewind; that chocolate cake has always looked good to me. Great job.
Nancy

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Great gateau and Frodo is so cute!

Pamela said...

Thanks for the laugh with this great post! This is yet another one I have on my list to try!

Di said...

Great post! =) The Almost-Fudge Gateau is definitely one of my all-time favorites.

Jules Someone said...

Hehehehe. Frodo had no chance.

Countrysolegirl said...

beautiful, thanks for sharing your creativity and humor-
JS