Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie Number 21: Kugelhopf

What a busy last couple of weeks it has been! I greatly appreciate all of you who have left comments, and I'm hoping to get back to checking blogs soon. Hopefully things will settle down a bit.

So...

This weeks recipe was Kugelhopf as chosen by Yolanda of The All-purpose Girl.
When I first saw the recipe I had my doubts. However, the recipe came together fairly easily and smelled wonderful as it baked. It wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be.
Mine didn't raise very high, and stuck to the bottom of the pan. It tasted fab though, and I've eaten far too much of it this evening!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your kugelhopf looks perfectly golden and crispy. YUM!

Shelby said...

We didn't eat ours but I'm going to make it again. Mine stuck to the pan too. It looked really pathetic. lol. I'm glad you were able to eat it!

Jayne said...

Looks delicious!

ostwestwind said...

Glad you liked the recipe!

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Kimberly Johnson said...

It looks great! I couldn't stop eating mine either. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time walking away from the Kuglehopf as well. Because it's not overly sweet, it seems so innocent that piece after piece was consumed. Though yours didn't rise as much as you wanted, it looks really delicious.

Anonymous said...

Those look SO perfect, soft and yummy! I love it! Great job, I feel like having a bite of it already!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Your cake looks delicious - isn't it just the greatest flavor. I also had more than I should have done.

AmyRuth said...

Glad you liked it. I just toasted the last bits and yummy they were. : )
AmyRuth