Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie Post Number 20: Rugelach

This week's recipe was chosen by Piggy of Piggy's Cooking Journal. It is a wonderful choice, and I was very excited about. However, have been baking and cooking like crazy lately, and haven't had time to post anything or write about it. The Rugelach came together as I was busy preparing several brisket dinners, and unfortunately they look it:
I failed to realize that the chocolate chips that I used were somewhat less then "mini", so I think the next time I try this recipe I will pulverize them before adding them to the filling.
The rugelach tasted wonderful, and I will definitely try this recipe again. However, next time I will devote more attention to the cookie.

8 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Yeah, even mini chips got to be a bit big in these. She has you make them into tiny little cookies! Yours look like they turned out quite nicely though.

ostwestwind said...

The mini chips must be very mini, your cookie version looks very appetizing.


Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Beth said...

The taste is all that matters! I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com

kimberly salem said...

yea, my second batch was better when i chopped the chocolate into smaller bits. much easier to roll that way! glad you liked them :)

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

I'm sure your rugelach was delicious - they turned out well.

Anonymous said...

Looks aren't important when they taste that good! I used mini chips, and I think next time I'll chop some bar chocolate even finer.

Pamela said...

I think as long as they taste good, it's all good to me! Well done. :o)

Bungalow Barbara said...

So, they're a bit rough around the edges -- I bet they still tasted good!